Dentist in Finchley, London N3
Restorative » Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics is one of the 13 official dental specialities recognised by the General Dental Council and the UK dental profession’s regulatory body. A Prosthodontist is a dentist who has completed an accredited specialist training programme, usually a minimum of an addition of three years duration, to ensure a high level of expertise in this field.
Prosthodontics is the field of dentistry that relates to rebuilding natural teeth and restoring missing teeth with prosthetic replacements to achieve the best possible functional and aesthetic outcome. This can range from a routine single crown for a damaged tooth or it could involve more complex procedures, such as full mouth reconstruction of damaged or mutilated dentitions. In the majority of cases the job of a prosthodontist lies somewhere between these two clinical situations.
The specialist training of a Prosthodontist also involves knowledge of other dental specialities to enable co-ordination and integration of a patient’s treatment plan with other specialists ensuring the highest level of care.
Treatments falling under the care of a Prosthodontist include:
- Crown and Bridge work
- Aesthetic / Cosmetic Dentistry e.g. tooth whitening, veneers etc
- Implant Dentistry
- Partial and Complete Dentures
- Tooth Wear
- Occlusal Deficiencies and / or Teeth Disorders
- TMJ ( Joint ) Problems
- Restoration of damaged dentitions with partial or full mouth reconstruction
- Complex cases involving multi-disciplinary specialist care
Patients may also be seen by a Prosthodontist for a second opinion, regarding proposed treatment plans. Dr Punit Shah is happy to draw up proposed treatment plans for those dentists who wish to carry out the work themselves.
In certain cases (especially implant treatment) dentists can request Dr Punit Shah to treat their patient to a specific stage following which the dentist may prefer to complete the treatment themselves.
Recommend us on Facebook Twitter E-mail a Friend
- Why Choose Us The Team The Practice Crowns Dentures Hygiene
- Implants Mouthguard Orthodontics Prosthodontics Root canal treatment Sealants
- Tooth whitening Veneers White fillings What is Prosthodontist? Cross Infection Control
- New Patients Patient Testimonials Real Patient Smiles Special Offers Fee Guide